National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : April 10, 2019 Application deadline : April 17, 2019
Field Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#95/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Pei field sites
No. of vacancy - 3 posts
Salary - Annual Tk. 250,000/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Plan, organise and implement quantitative and qualitative field research WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF conducting high-quality field research WITHIN the guidelines of the research protocols; and organizational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Data collection: Screen study subjects and their households; Collect information from the study participants; Identify the environmental features; Collect GPS measurement for study households and the environmental features; Collect malaria incidence data from Govt. and Non-govt. and other health services providers working in the study area; Decontaminate the working site; Fill up a brief questionnaire to collect socio-demographic behavioral information; Motivate study participants to participate into the study.
- Data transportation and preservation: Preserve collected data as per the study protocol after collection in the field; Transport the collected data from the field sites to Dhaka Office, icddr,b in time; Maintain register for data collection.
- Logistics Management: Understand study objectives and guidelines; Work closely with the Field Research Assistants and Sr. Administrative Officer for hardware and logistics storage; Carry hardware to study sites if required and maintenance; Keep records for hardware and study product; Track and maintain log sheet for hardware and logistic at field offices in order to ensure smooth field implementation within set timeline.
Education and relevant experience:
- Minimum SSC pass or equivalent
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Organizational rules and regulations.
- Field Activities Management
- Infectious diseases
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by April 17, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.