National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : May 14, 2019 Application deadline : May 20, 2019
Field Research Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#136/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Eiu-field site
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 354,190/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Field support and supervise data collector and field worker engaged in surveillance activities and data collection, motivate people and prepare reports with the objective of providing support to the project team WITHIN the guidelines of project-specific field activities; and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Project Implementation: Receive project assignment from Senior Research Investigator; Attend training conducted by Medical Officer (MO)/Field Research Manager (FRM)/ Field Research Officer (FRO) to understand project scope, data collection tool, survey methodology, timelines, targeted demographics and areas etc.; Receive training on Tablet and web-base data collection; Visit project field sites as per plan generated by FRM; Collect required information through verbal autopsy from the selected study areas; Supervise data collection team while household survey; Validate data collected with FRM and MO and escalate any issues; Seek supervisor and Principal Investigator's guidance to resolve the problems in interacting with respondents and collecting data; Submit data collected to data management team periodically in order to support research by uncovering evidence.
- Team Support: Demonstrate how to conduct interviews to team members; observe team members while they conduct interviews; intervene and moderate the interview with an uncooperative respondent, if required; provide feedback to individual team members on their interviewing skills; share experience and learning within the team in order to improve the productivity of the team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor or equivalent in any discipline;
- 3 years of experience in field research. The ability to speak local language of Sylhet will be an advantage
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data collection through verbal autopsy using TAB
- Ethical Guidelines
- Motivatiing and interviewing study participants
- Monitoring and Supervision
- Field Intervention Research
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by May 20, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.