National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : May 30, 2019 Application deadline : June 15, 2019
Medical Officer with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#153/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Medical Officer with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 2 posts
Salary - 100,056/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Screen, assess and follow up cardiovascular patients with the objective of high-quality clinical research WITHIN the guidelines of the organizational values and research protocols (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Project Planning and Review: Review the research protocol/activity guideline to understand its objectives and targeted outcome; Enroll cases and control cases among admitted patients with cardiovascular diseases (CVD), supervision of transportation and administration of medicines; Ensure to maintain proper temperature and documentation with the objective providing technical support to the researcher within the guidelines of the organizational values and research protocols.
- Project Implementation: Organize and coordinate the planned activities; Maintain close liaison with local collaborators, identified the challenges and share the concern with the supervisor; Supervise field staff and provide one-on-one feedback for staff development; Identify skill gaps and recommend refresher training program; Design training programs as per needs.
- Project Management: Maintain liaison with study stakeholders especially with the study hospital officials; Supervise the team, resolve issues arise in the field, help to get reimburse of field team; Perform other activities assigned by the supervisor in order to obtain study objectives with adherence to quality standards and project timelines.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Process Improvement: Prepare daily and monthly report and share it with the supervisor; Provide conceptual insights based on practical experience; assist to write and/or review manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journal and where possible; Discuss and prepare reports together with the supervisor; Revise report based on feedback received from supervisor in order to support scientific manuscript creation while developing one's own scientific writing abilities
Education and relevant experience:
- MBBS pass with one year of internship training. Candidates having postgraduate training in cardiology may get preference.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience of working in coronary care units (CCU)
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Qualitative and quantitative research
- Training and development
- Resources management
- Clinical Counseling
- Patient Care and Satisfaction
- Budgeting and planning
- Investigation and Analysis Tools and Techniques
- IT Services, Systems and Applications
- Regulatory Requirements and Compliances
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by June 15, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.