National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : June 09, 2019 Application deadline : Until filled
Project Manager, ERP Implementation under the Central Management Services (Adv#154/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Project Manager, ERP Implementation. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 2,561,360/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
The current system, comprises with Finance, HR, Procurement and Research Administration modules, which has been customized multiple times considering different needs of icddr,b is becoming obsolete and need to be replaced. Reporting functionally to IT and to the Chair of the ERP Steering Committee, coordinating with the ERP Project Management Committee, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of the ERP project such as tolerance for costs, time, quality and risks:
- Project plan and monitor the progress with implementation partners; providing regular reports:
- Update project plan, capture and examine issues and risks and take corrective actions:
- Prepare Project Initiating Document, risk register and exception report, daily log and lessons log:
Education and relevant experience:
- Graduation in IT/Engineering with 8 years experience in IT Project management.
- Managed at least one successful ERP implementation as Project Manager in the last 5 years, at least with integrated Finance, HR, Procurement business processes/modules with ERP systems.
- PRINCE2 or equivalent professional certified.
- Microsoft/SAP certification; ERP implementation experience in complex and diverse organization.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Project Management
- Software/Application Development
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org untill the position is filled. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.