National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : June 10, 2019 Application deadline : June 17, 2019
Medical Technologist (Laboratory) with Clinical under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division (Adv#155/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Medical Technologist (Laboratory) with Clinical under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 11 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 35,734/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Collect, label and manage biological samples from paying users, hospital patients, staff clinic, Maintain stock inventory for all consumable supplies WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF providing support to laboratories for effective diagnostics and research WITHIN the Laboratories guidelines; and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Biological Sample Collection: Collect biological samples from paying users, hospital patients, and staff clinic; Label samples according to the requested tests; Serve customers with good attitude and assist them as much as possible.
- Patient Registration & Report Delivery: Check request forms and physician’s advice/slip to identify and list the tests to be performed on paying patients, and suggest the external users as per guidelines on the collection procedures of specimens. Enter the patients demographic information and requested tests into the computer to produce money receipt and laboratory investigation forms. Enter patient data accurately in to Laboratory Information Management System. Deliver laboratory report to the patient accurately. Notify patients in case of critical laboratory test result.
- Sample Transportation and Monitoring: Arrange proper distribution of specimens for testing in different sections of the laboratory; Troubleshoot any problem regarding sample collection.
- Quality Management: Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment for their optimum operation and perform minor trouble shooting. Maintain temperature log for sample as well as temperature log in transit through cool box; contact with bio-medical engineering for maintenance works of medical equipments; control temperature as per guidelines in order to ensure proper maintenance and use of equipments with safety and security.
- Bio safety: Follow institutional bio safety procedure during sample collection and waste disposal; Train junior staff for spill management and waste disposal.
Education and relevant experience:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Laboratory Equipment Usage
- Laboratory Testing Methods
- Specimen Collection and Handling Guidelines and Techniques
- Waste Management Requirements
- Bio hazards, Bio security and Bio safety Requirements
- Quality Assurance Standards
- Laboratory IT Systems
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by June 17, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.