National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 09, 2020 Application deadline : February 17, 2020
Infection Control Officer for the project titled ‘Emergency health care response for the Rohingya refugees and host community in Cox’s bazaar’ with Hospitals under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#15/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Infection Control Officer with Hospitals under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Cox's bazar
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 62,956/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
The position holder is responsible for the hospital-wide infection control program. This includes the prevention and control of healthcare associated infections (HAI), surveillance of HAI; acts as a resource person and advise to the health care personnel to solve infection control problems and demonstrate competency in all domains of infection control practices; liaison for the infection control committee.
- Planning and Organizing Infection Control Program: Run hospital-wide infection control program; prevent and control of healthcare associated infections (HAIs) as well as the surveillance of HAIs; Set a high standard of hospital in infection prevention and control measures and practices; Study guidelines, standards and research, develops comprehensive infection control policies and procedures (standard operating procedure-SOP) for the health care centre; Demonstrates high degree of analytic competency: ability to apply and use surveillance data and reported statistical methods and tools to reduce healthcare associated infections; Organizes hospital infection Infection Control Committee meetings.
- Manage Infection Prevention and Control Program: Identifies and implements infection control strategies according to specific topics like: Hand Hygiene; Decontamination, Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilization; Use of Standard Precautions (including Personal Protective Equipment); Safe Use of Patient Care equipment and Devices and Standard Patient Care Procedure following Aseptic Principles; Safe Management of Healthcare Waste; Prevention of Occupational Hazards and Promotion of Safety Measures; Management of occupational incidence and Vaccination for staff and Patients; Preventing Environmental Hazards and Maintaining Good Hospital Hygiene through Environment Cleanliness.
- Communication and Education: Plans and conducts training and education on infection prevention and control policies and procedures for all levels of healthcare workers; Develops different training materials and disseminates updated information on infection prevention and control measures among healthcare personnel; Maintains current knowledge based in infection prevention and control theory, practices and treads; Provides education to patients and their attendants related to infection prevention measures.
- Implement and Monitor Infection Prevention and Control Measures: Investigates patients, visitor, employee exposure to infectious diseases and follow-up with appropriate infection control procedures. Assist in monitoring compliance of staff to standard infection control procedures. Develops relevant monitoring check lists for collecting data related to infection prevention and control practices. Collects required data and completes reports based on the information collected and reports to the supervisor time to time. Reports healthcare as associated infections and other communicable diseases to the concerned authority periodically. Recognizes outbreaks of healthcare associated infections through reviewing patients’ records and laboratory investigations and also consulting with physicians and nurses. Makes recommendations for improvement and takes necessary measures to minimize the problems.
- Administrative and Other External Contacts: Evaluates infection control related to patient care products, equipment and supplies and arranges necessary supplies to the hospital. Actively leads, participates and acts as member secretary of infection control committee. Maintains liaison with infection control committee members and other departments concerning prevention of infection. Functions as a resource person to healthcare personnel and other staff members related to infection prevention and control measures and practices. Collaborates and contacts with other external agencies regarding infection prevention and control practices as and when required. Maintains active membership in professional organizations related to infection control.
Education and relevant experience:
- B.Sc in Nursing with valid registration from the Bangladesh Nursing and Midwifery Council (BNMC) / Masters in Public Health. Formal training in infection prevention and control / epidemiology is desirable.
- 3 years experience in infection control activities in renowned hospital is required. Candidate having experience in performing surveillance for HAIs and /or other healthcare research will get preference.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Nursing Practices and Procedures
- Infection Control
- Hospital Functions
- IT Services, Systems and Applications
- Training design and execution
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2020. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.