National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 09, 2020 Application deadline : February 17, 2020
Health Worker for the project titled ‘Emergency health care response for the Rohingya refugees and host community in Cox’s bazaar’ with Hospitals under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#16/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Health Worker for the project titled ‘Emergency health care response for the Rohingya refugees and host community in Cox’s bazaar’ with Hospitals under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 4 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Cox's bazar
No. of vacancy - 3 posts
Salary - 22,083/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
The position holder will assist in patient handling, prepare, cook, serve patient diet, counselling (vaccines, health education counselling etc.) to patients and mothers WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF effectively treating and educating patients WITHIN the guidelines of clinical treatment; policies in the hospital and organisational values and guidelines.
- Diet Management: Prepare/cook different types of diet recipes formulated for the patients; Serve feeds to the patients every two hourly to avoid hypoglycemia/hypothermia for SCU & GW patients as directed by the Physician/Dietitian; Provide diet education; Check the food quality before serving; Maintain serving register; Note food related complaints and addressed to the supervisor in order to ensure proper food distribution and management.
- Clinical Counselling and Education: Identify malnutrition children (Z-score less than 3) admitted in short-stay ward; Monitor and record health status in Sheba; Monitor daily activities of health workers (e.g. record updation, counselling, information sharing); Distribute family planning tools (e.g. condoms, pills) during health education sessions and update records; Seek feedback from mothers on effectiveness of the sessions; Plan duty roster in collaboration with other Health Worker; Update duty roster regularly; Seek approval from Supervisor on monthly duty roster; Counsel and encourage mothers for follow-up visits in order to effectively counsel mothers of malnourished children on health care and family planning.
- Immunisation Implementation & Administration: Oversee infrastructure management of immunization room (cleanliness, temperature settings, vaccine availability); Identify cases (children and mothers) requiring immunization; Administer vaccine injections as per guidelines; Counsel mothers on repeat dosage, disease prevention, side effects, dietary precautions etc.; Monitor issuance of follow-up card; Create daily report of vaccine administration and stock balance; Attend meetings and training sessions on implementation of government programs, new initiatives (e.g. NID, new vaccine delivery) etc.; Perform Mantoux test for patients based on physician's recommendation; Observe patients and take reading; Report results in system in order to efficiently deliver clinical treatment to patients.
- Stock Keeping & Replenishment: Track consumption of vaccines, syringes, vitamins, family planning tools etc. regularly; Generate monthly report of material requirements for health education and immunisation; Estimate future requirements and create indent sheet for procurement; Collaborate with vaccine government division (EPI) and hospital unit for delivery; Reorder as per requirements, if required in order to adequately stock and replenish vaccines and other material for health education and immunisation of patients and mothers.
- Patient Care Services: Helps patients with basic tasks, such as bathing, dressing, and eating; Assist sample collection person in collecting specimens for lab tests; Maintain and provide a clean, safe environment; Carry materials, receives and stores supplies and performs basic logistic functions in order to ensure smooth patient care services in the hospital.
Education and relevant experience:
- S.S.C or Equivalent;
- 2 years of experience in patient care services, health education, immunisation, patient diet etc.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Counselling of participants/parents
- Patient Care and Satisfaction
- Infection Control
- Immunisation Implementation & Administration
- Patient Diet, Clinical Counselling and Education
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2020. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.