National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 09, 2020 Application deadline : February 17, 2020
Medical Officer for the project titled ‘Emergency health care response for the Rohingya refugees and host community in Cox’s bazaar’ with Hospitals under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#19/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Medical Officer with Hospitals under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Cox's bazar
No. of vacancy - 2 posts
Salary - 106,059/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
The position holder will undertake patient care under the supervision of consultant; supervise junior medical staff; and develop own professional clinical skills WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF supporting patient care and assuming higher responsibilities WITHIN the guidelines of Hospital and organisational values and guidelines.
- Clinical Management: Admit and evaluate new patients and decide appropriate action (e.g. treatment and discharge, or admission into clinical units); Conduct thorough physical examination and gather detailed patient history; Request and administer tests, if required (e.g. blood test, x-ray); Interpret test results; Consult with senior doctors (if required); Diagnose condition and prescribe treatment; Manage complicated cases; Regular follow-up of admitted patients daily to review response to treatment; Document all patient interactions using computers; Review complicated cases with senior doctors during their daily morning and evening rounds; Take actions on recommendations made by senior doctors; Coordinate patient-care activities with nurses and other hospital staff. Supervise and guide other members in the team for day-to-day tasks; Support clinical research work in the hospital in order to ensure proper clinical management
- Knowledge Sharing: Train other staffs in basic rules and procedures followed at icddr,b hospitals; Coach junior staffs on the job on an ongoing basis; Prepare and present reports on cases, incidents, initiatives etc. during team meetings and department meetings in order to share experience(s) and learning with team members
- Professional Development: Attend all training/clinical sessions; Actively take part in mentoring activities organized by icddr,b; Develop and demonstrate interest in a particular specialty; Seek opportunities to be exposed to research activities of the unit in order to continually develop clinically and acquire new skills
Education and relevant experience:
- MBBS degree with valid BMDC registration; Any post graduation qualification in Paediatrics/Internal Medicine/Infectious Disease will be an added advantage
- 3 year of experience in a renowned hospital. Candidate who have completed clinical fellowship training will get preference.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment
- Infection Control
- Diet Planning
- Clinical Counselling
- Patient Care and Satisfaction
- Hospital Functions
- Investigation analysis tools and techniques
- IT Services, Systems and Applications
- Regulatory Requirements and Complainces
- Clinical Training
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2020. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.