National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 09, 2020 Application deadline : February 17, 2020
Study Nurse with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#21/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Study Nurse with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Matlab
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 28,400/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
The position holder will provide proper nursing care to the patients & provide support to study according to the protocol WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF Effective & Smooth running of project activities WITHIN the organisational values and guidelines.
- Team Support: Co-ordination with Project Research Physicians/ Medical Officers in research related activities; Maintain log book of study subjects; Supervise the activities of the health worker; Work in good collaboration with study physicians and other hospital staff in order to maintain a high team spirit.
- Screening and Enrollment: Screen study participants in hospitals; Follow the inclusion and exclusion criteria of the protocol while screening; Assist study physician in enrolling study participants; Taking consent from participants; Record online data maintain proper documentation; Collection of biological samples as per protocol; Generate data and update Project Manager in order to ensure smooth running and review of Medical Research Activities.
- Regular Follow up and Monitoring: Regular monitoring of the study participants with daily follow-up to discharge; Support in providing proper nursing cares with the fellow colleague in the hospitals; Record weight, height, vital signs routinely and ensure treatment as advised in order to maintain proper follow-up and monitoring.
Education and relevant experience:
- B.Sc in Nursing / Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery with valid registration from the Bangladesh Nursing and Midwifery Council (BNMC)
- 1 year experience in relevant field; Experience in Clinical trials will be given preference.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Regulatory Compliance, Investigation and Analysis Tools and Techniques
- IT Services, Systems, and Applications
- Hospital Functioning and infection control
- Nursing practices, procedures, patience care and satisfaction
- Data Collection Methods and Preparing Training Materials
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2020. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.