National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 10, 2020 Application deadline : February 18, 2020
Technical Assistant with Clinical under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division (Adv#22/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Technical Assistant with Clinical under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 250,000/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Perform all tasks related to the transportation of patient samples and cleaning and washing of lab ware including lab bench-tops WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF continuous sample flow and maintenance of the cleanliness of laboratories WITHIN the guidelines of Bio-safety & ISO.
- Transportation of collected patient samples: Transport patient samples to laboratory area maintaining proper documentation and bio-safety precautions and also maintaining sample integrity, documentation of rejected samples IN ORDER TO ensure smooth operation of laboratory activities and timely sample processing.
- Preparation of re-agents for specimen collection and preservation: Prepare/ aliquot different types of acid and solutions used in SRA for sample collection and preservation of primary specimen of laboratory tests IN ORDER TO ensure their continuous supply for uninterrupted service delivery.
- Organizing: Place all supplies in specific places for easy retrieval; Keep working places and adjacent areas clean IN ORDER TO ensure quality of laboratory activities.
- Transportation of lab supplies: Take part in the activity for transportation of lab supplies, logistics and other items from place to place as required and helps the office manager IN ORDER TO ensure smooth operation of activities.
Education and relevant experience:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- 1 year of experience in the relevant laboratory
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- SOP Manual
- ISO & other standard Bio-safety Procedure
- Maintaining cleanliness of lab wares
- Transportation of samples, labs supplies & logistics
- Biological samples
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 18, 2020. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.