National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 11, 2020 Application deadline : February 18, 2020
Senior Research Assistant with the IDD Administration under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#23/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Research Assistant with the IDD Administration under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 3 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 37,878/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Provide inputs in project implementation through scientific knowledge with the objective of conducting high-quality clinical laboratory research within the guidelines of the research protocols; and organizational values and guidelines.
- Project Implementation and Scientific Knowledge Creation: Routine field visits to collect environmental and clinical samples; transport samples maintaining cold chain from field to icddr,b Dhaka Hospital laboratory for microbiological analysis.
- Laboratory Analysis:: Perform rapid dipstick test followed by conventional bacteriological culture test for the detection of enteric pathogens from both water and clinical samples following standard microbiological methods.
- Quality Assurance: Read latest literature related to all tests and procedures; Review and update quality assurance manual; Analyze data and prepare preliminary analysis report for supervisor; and provide inputs in order to support scientific analysis and high quality research.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor degree in Biological Sciences preferably in Microbiology;
- 3 years of practical experience in the field and laboratory activities related to diarrheal diseases research.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods;
- Managing Biological Samples;
- Media Preparation and Management;
- Bacteorological Culture Methods;
- Bio-security and Bio-safety requirements;
- Laboratory Equipment Usage and Testing Method.
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 18, 2020. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.