National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : September 28, 2020 Application deadline : Until filled
Senior Manager, International Staff Affairs with Human Resources under the Central Management Services (Adv#138/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Established 60 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Senior Manager, International Staff Affairs
Applications from women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Manager, International Staff Affairs with Human Resources under the Central Management Services. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 01 year which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Under the supervision of the Director, Human Resources, the position holder will Coordinate recruitment, promotion and salary-revision activities for international staff; Coordinate scientific ranking activities for scientific staff with the objective of attracting and retaining international and scientific staff within the guidelines of icddr,b's Human Resources policies and organisational values (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity and inclusion Guidelines).
Duties and responsibilities:
Strategic Human Resources:
- Use knowledge of information technology to analyze and provide meaningful information to flag issues needing attention;
- Guide and explain the scope and ramifications of proposed HR initiatives, promoting understanding of their purpose and functional advantages.
Networking and Partnerships:
- Provide expert advice to staff on a range of HRM questions and use delegated authority to negotiate solutions on sensitive or complex HR problems with clients and staff.
- Build and strengthen relationships with Dhaka based international agencies on operational matters of importance for icddr,b.
- Create a culture within their team where HR professionals work with clients to help fulfill their goals through advising on how to attract, retain and motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- Provide advice to clients, including management, on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
- Play an active role in building “one HR” department where everyone contribute to objectives realization.
- Promote and encourage a work environment and culture that values teamwork, innovation, cooperation, open communication, and respect
- Foster integrated team building across department.
- Deputize the Head of HRM and Coordinate and supervise HR operations.
Emergency and Staff Security/EPP:
- In coordination with HR Director, manage relations with CIGNA, SOS and other international staff services providers.
- Promptly investigate emergencies affecting staff for immediate actions, in coordination with parties concerned, in accordance with emergency and security policy and guidelines.
International Staff Contract Management and Salary Revision:
- Monitor ERP (Suchona) for expiry of staff contracts; Advise concerned supervisor to take action; Raise requisition for renewal of contract / increment.
- Coordinate with PIs for PMDS forms for fixed-term international staff;
- Coordinate with the Director, Human Resources and Financial Services for approvals; Create revised salary / contract letters and seek approvals from Executive Director; Issue memos to Finance for Education Grant payments; Issue memos to International staff with HR approval for their entitled travels.
- Issue certificates (employment, salary, NOC, etc.) to international staff as per request.
- Act as the focal point for international staff Talent Reward & Recognition in order to facilitate and ensure effective management international staff contracts. team.
- Conduct recruitment of international staff in coordination with selection committee, and ED's office; Coordinate with new hire on pre-joining formalities.
- Arrange travel logistics; Arrange onboarding of new hires; Complete joining formalities; Forward completed joining documents to relevant departments / organisations (Finance, insurance provider etc.); Organize onboarding payment; Prepare onboarding packet for new hire.
- Coordinate with insurance Company (AIARC) for Insurance Plan and Retirement Fund enrollment; Provide provisioning data to Payroll in order to recruit and onboard international staff as per requirement.
International Staff Benefits Administration:
- Disseminate information to international staff regarding their benefits (e.g. shipment allowance, education fees, family travel, passbook).
- Coordinate with AIARC for enrolling all international staff.
- Respond to questions and advise staff on processes and procedures;
- Collate benefits claims and HRIS updating requirements.
- Liaise with concerned departments for administration of benefits (e.g. Finance for payments).
- Prepare the benefits ledger periodically and validate with Director - Human Resources Services in order to administer the benefits to international staff in an efficient and effective manner.
Scientific Ranking and International Staff Promotion Process:
- Gather latest policies, guidelines and forms and upload them on the intranet.
- Manage and administer scientific ranking of scientific staff in coordination with the Scientific Ranking Committee.
- Prepare letters and communicate/follow up with external reviewers for their feedback on applications for international level promotions; Send feedback to Ranking Committee for their decision on the applicant(s); Forward the application(s) with the Ranking Committee decision to the Board of Trustees for promotions to international level for endorsement.
Reporting to Board of Trustees (BoT):
- Plan for creating Human Resources report to BoT and obtain special agenda items from Director, Human Resources.
- Liaise with various teams (talent acquisition, talent reward and recognition, training and development etc.) within Human Resources department to collect required information.
- Draft the report and BoT resolutions, and validate with Director, Human Resources, Deputy Executive Director and Human Resources Committee Chair of the Board; Produce printed copies of the report for distribution to BoT.
- Execute Board's approval on HR issue in order to update the Board on HR activates and accomplishment.
Required experience and qualifications
MBA in HRM or Bachelor in any discipline with Post Graduate Diploma in HRM;
Minimum 8 years of relevant experience as Human Resources Manager in an international/multinational organization.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills;
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work;
- Ability to persuade others to follow;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity;
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build consensus and resolve conflicts;
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform;
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Bangla;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment;
- Possesses a drive for excellence;
- Superior decision-making skills;
The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Salary: Annual Tk. 27,15,040 /-. inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities: 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org until the position is filled. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application and their performance appraisal of last 3 years will be evaluated.
Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview.
The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised.