National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 31, 2021 Application deadline : Until filled
ERP Implementation Project Manager with the Central Management Services (Adv#41/2021)
icddr,b, an international public health research institution based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, invites applications for a ERP Project Manager.
Purpose of role:
The current ERP system, comprises of Finance, HR, Procurement and Research Administration modules, which has been customised multiple times considering different needs of icddr,b is becoming obsolete and need to be replaced.
icddr,b’s ERP system is a vital management tool and resource, representing an important asset that needs to be managed strategically. Consequently, it is very important to ensure an integrated and coherent leadership of the teams that are currently and will be engaged in the delivery of projects, operations and on-going enhancements. icddr,b is therefore seeking to engage a Manager for the ERP implementation. The role is expected to be required for approximately 12-15 months until the ERP process is completed and transitioned into a suitable state that can deliver projects and services for the integrated ERP system going forward. The incumbent will lead and direct the ERP implementation, in an integrated and coherent manner. This will require careful integrated planning across the icddr,b portfolio of projects and activities including, a critical focus on planning and managing change to achieve the necessary implementation of processes, structure, service delivery models and skills while ensuring operational priorities are fully addressed.
The Manager – ERP implementation reports to the Director of Finance and to the ERP Steering Committee, coordinating with the ERP Project Management Committee, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Oversee and direct the effective delivery and completion of the ERP projects and those planned to be completed by the end of the portfolio; these include Finance, Human Resources, Research Administration, Hospital, etc.
- Work with senior management and key stakeholders to manage scope, timelines and quality of delivery planned until the end of the process.
- Ensure quality and timely reporting of the portfolio; prepare reports for the governing bodies as required; manage risks and issues on a continuous basis escalating promptly to senior management for speedy resolution.
- Assume responsibility for an orderly closure of the ERP project with appropriate knowledge transfer and transition support.
- Lead, manage and gradually implement the high priority elements of the implementation plan so that maturity is achieved by the end of 2022/early 2023. This will include multiple aspects including improvements in the organisational structure, skills transformation, process maturity, including the establishment of new processes in accordance with best practice, introduction of service model improvements.
- Lead and motivate teams across icddr,b ensuring the appropriate level of supervision and coaching through a period of change.
- Ensure effective management and efficient use of all financial, human and other resources.
- Monitor the developments in the external environment and assist in the development of strategies for sustainability beyond the implementation.
- Undertake other duties as appropriate.
Advanced university degree in Information Technology, Business Management or a related field. A first-level university degree plus two years of relevant experience in addition to the experience requested below may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Certification in a recognized project management methodology, such as PRINCE2, and ITIL Foundation.
Certification in program management and architecture frameworks such as MSP and TOGAF.
At least 10-12 years’ experience undertaking projects to effectively implement ERP software and transitioning solutions into an operational ICT support environment.
- Experience of working in ICT operational support and transforming these environments.
- Experience of change management in relation to ERP implementation and service delivery.
- Experience of coaching / mentoring individuals through a transformation process.
- Microsoft/SAP certification
- ERP implementation experience in complex and diverse organization.
Salary: Annual Tk. 3,577,840/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities: 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
For further information on the position and additional details on qualifications, requirements, terms and conditions of service and how to apply, please visit: www.icddrb.org. Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
icddr,b is an equal opportunity employer. Offer will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, and gender and disability status.