National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : January 16, 2023 Application deadline : February 05, 2023
Head, Human Resources Management (Adv#40/2023)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddr,b as a values-based organization encourages women and people with disabilities.
The incumbent will be responsible for managing the human resources operations, developing and implementing HR initiatives relating to staff planning, recruitment, performance management, compensation & benefits, staff development, and employment conditions. S/he will manage the delivery of HR operational services and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of these services. The incumbent will also be responsible for supervising the following activities:
- Induction Program
- Developing and implementing standardized HR Metrics
- Designing workforce planning tools
- Effectively support HR Strategic activities
The incumbent will assist the Director, Human Resources in all matters related to Human Resources services and HR Policy development.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related studies.
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources Management
- Demonstrated management experience and a track record of supervising Human Resources initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with individuals from different backgrounds in various forums
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability in consensus-building and negotiation
- Ability to be creative and innovative particularly in developing policies and solving problems
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills
- Solid knowledge of standard office software packages as well as ERP
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Contract Type and duration:
- Fixed Term; duration will be 02 years with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Annual Tk. 3,685,180 /-inclusive of house rent, conveyance, and other admissible benefits;
- 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance, and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test /interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.