National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : September 11, 2023 Application deadline : September 24, 2023
Project Research Physician (Adv#222/2023)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. As a values-based organization, icddrb encourages women and people with disabilities.
Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are the leading causes of death worldwide. Nearly 43% of the population in Bangladesh is in the age group of 6 months to 19 years are exposed to at least one NCD risk factor. Early diagnosis of NCDs in children could help health managers control the increasing burden of these diseases in adults. In this study, a comprehensive and scalable pediatric NCD service delivery model will be developed at primary health care systems in two districts of the Barishal and Khulna divisions in Bangladesh, in collaboration with pediatric NCD experts and other stakeholders.
The Project Research Physician will report to Senior Research Investigator and will be responsible to Plan, organise, monitor and enhance Non Communicable Diseases project's activities, collaborate with relevant department of government and international partners, supervise and coordinate the research studies with the objective of providing effective and efficient project support to enable research activities within the extent of Centre's guidelines and organizational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
He/ she will be responsible for:
- Understand research protocol and plan for its monitoring and evaluation to control the quality of study work;
- Check the quality of data, specimen and the equipment used in the study;
- Make weekly plan following the study protocol on how to check all records of enrolled study subjects and prepare Weekly updates detailing the quality of the study work done as per protocol and to share it with supervisor in order to effectively and efficiently plan for the execution of the research project;
- Conduct eligibility assessment, informed consent process, and enroll study participants;
- Conduct physical examinations and take other necessary measures for the safety of the participants at the facility;
- conduct literature review for scoping review analysis;
- Conduct training at the facility level on treatment guideline;
- Review weekly follow up and perform proper monitoring and evaluation to ensure quality research;
- Prepare and keep records of weekly participants recruitment/tracking, data and specimen collection, and quality control reports;
- Supervise data collection, specimen collection, time to time data compilation in order to execute activities in accordance with research protocol;
- Re-interview of the certain percentage of interviews taken by the Field Staff;
- Observe certain percentage of interviews and specimen collection passively;
- Check all equipment and validate those daily before using;
- Document all these re-interviews and observations and share the feedback to supervisor routinely in order to ensure continuous progress monitoring and constantly improvise the project implementation processes.
Required qualification and experience:
- MBBS degree from a Medical College recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council, with one-year completed internship training with a valid BMDC registration.
- 1 Year working experience in public health/clinical practice/pediatrics.
Location: Dhaka, Bagerhat, Kishoreganj
Contract Type and duration:
- CSA basis for 4 (four) months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of fund and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Tk. 57,350.00/-per month (consolidated) inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances;
- Festival bonus, income tax paid by icddr,b and subsidized canteen; Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- icddr,b encourages women and people with disabilities to apply.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by 24th September 2023.