National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : September 14, 2023 Application deadline : September 23, 2023
Administrative Assistant (Adv#228/2023)
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Project Coordinator. The position holder will be responsible for coordinating and organizing all administrative and logistical requirements of the research group, and maintain office administration from logistics support to inventory management, requisition management to cash and petty cash handling of the day-to-day office work. S/he will be involved in–
Understand the requirements of the Project and PIs;
Check and maintain existing inventory of fixed assets, furniture and fixtures;
Collaborate with procurement for lease agreements and prepare justification for single-source procurement;
Coordinate with the finance department to facilitate payments;
Coordinate with IT department to solve any internal customer issues;
Coordinate with Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Facilities Department and others to ensure project support;
Liaises with the vendors for NRB-issued VAT coupon management;
Coordinate with Finance to ensure timely financial reporting and invoice for the and capture fixed asset information on the procurement of fixed assets for the project;
Prepare local transport requisition and arrange both local and international air travel of PIs and researchers;
Process expenditure bills and vouchers for reimbursement and track the accuracy and closure of internal requisitions;
Maintain the document management system of the project systematically which includes hard copy and electronic files, audit reports, reports to various committees, budget, correspondences, etc. Monitor Attendant/Field Attendant for bills and vouchers of the project for reimbursement;
Scrutinize and re-check petty cash reimbursement requests, monthly leases and utility payments of the field offices etc.;
Prepare local conveyance and lodging bills fortnightly to submit to Finance for payment;
Follow up with Finance to ensure timely reimbursement of petty cash expenses, conveyance bills, and rental payments with the Financial authority.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor in Commerce or Business Administration (BBA) with good academic records from a reputed University;
- 3 years of experience in the administration domain preferably in an international organization.
Contract Type and Duration:
- CSA basis for 11 months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Tk.43,423/-per month (consolidated) inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances;
- Festival bonus, income tax paid by icddr,b and subsidized canteen; Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by September 23, 2023