National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : September 14, 2023 Application deadline : September 24, 2023
Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting (Adv#230/2023)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddr,b, as a values-based organisation, encourages women and people with disabilities.
The Finance Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, clear and complete information and support to iccdr,b’s divisions, departments, units, offices, donors and the wider stakeholders/community at-large through its core values of excellence, integrity and inclusivity
Brief Description of Position:
Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting reporting to Senior Manager, Financial Accounting will mainly perform the following responsibilities:
- Maintain effective communication with Budget, Payroll, and Treasury Units' respective personnel on behalf of the Senior Manager, Financial Accounting;
- Coordination and follow up with the concerned units about the timely submission of various reports and maintain a tracking list as per close instruction of supervisors in order to ensure an effective monitoring system;
- Maintain, monitor, and update the fixed assets register and ensure physical assets verification periodically.
- Provide progress reports relating to the inward and outward tracking of financial report and invoices;
- Prepare and compile monthly finance offices expenditure report with variance report as per requirement of supervisor for decision making;
- Assist in organising Financial Issues meetings/workshops/seminars within and outside icddr,b in order to ensure effective delivery of financial services to the internal customers.
- Coordinate with Procurement to open vendor accounts;
- Review contracts for accuracy (terms, expiry date, signatures, mode of payment etc.);
- Escalate issues to Senior Manager - Financial Accounting;
- Approve the agreements and send them to the Budget department for clearance;
- Analyse all the General Ledger and provide input on the chart of accounts reengineering and financial statement finalisation.
- Professionally handle audit queries and ensure the minimisation of audit findings.
- Retrieve report for inventory of drugs and stock items from Navision;
- Visit sites for physical verification of inventory;
- Reconcile physical verification and records;
- Report findings to Senior Manager - Financial Accounting;
- Participate in coordination meetings (Information systems, Procurement, Finance) to resolve any issues and gaps in records in order to ensure asset management is done in accordance with the organisational policies and procedures.
- Collect, process, verify and reconcile input documents;
- Maintain appropriate files, reports, and documentation;
- Ensure that corrective action is taken when necessary;
- Adhere to accounting principles and procedures in order to reconcile accounts satisfactorily every month.
Required qualifications and experience:
- M.Com/MBS/MBA in Accounting/Finance with partly qualified CA /ACCA /CPA /CMA or B.Com/BBS/BBA in Accounting/Finance with qualified CA /ACCA /CPA /CMA. Completed articleship from CA firm will be preferable.
- Minimum 4 years of experience, preferably in accounts team and in a non-profit international organisation.
Location: Mohakhali campus, Dhaka.
Contract Type and Duration:
- Fixed Term; duration will be 2 Years with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Annual 14,59,020/- inclusive of house rent, conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits
- 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance, and subsidised canteen. Transport and day-care facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test /interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by September 24, 2023.