National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : September 17, 2023 Application deadline : September 30, 2023
Reserve list for the position of Field Assistant (Adv#232/2023)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. As a values-based organization, icddr,b encourages women and people with disabilities.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates to create a reserve list for the positions of Field Assistant and other positions with similar grades and nature of work. This reserve list will remain valid for the next 1 (one) year. The upcoming vacancies of Field Assistant and other positions (with similar grades and nature of work) of all Divisions will be filled in from this reserve list.
Applications from women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
The appointment will be made on any contract types as per the requirement of the project which may be renewed further depending on the performance and availability of funds.
The position holder will be mainly responsible for project implementation, documentation management, technical support and team support with the objective of supporting research studies within the guidelines of project protocol and organizational values and guidelines. The major areas of responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Receive project assignment from Supervisor and understand project scope, questionnaire, survey methodology, timelines, targeted respondents, areas, scope of technical work etc. as per project requirement;
- Work as per the plan devised by the Supervisor;
- Collect Data /Sample from respondents;
- Identify and motivate respondents to participate in the study;
- Validate collected data with the supervisor;
- Process and transport sample to its destination;
- Perform technical functions as required by the project (i.e. operating and maintaining Freedger, Cool Box, Autoclave Machine etc.)
- Take appropriate measures to ensure personal safety and security;
- Handle/sterilize/dispose of bio-hazard materials (if any) as per SOP;
- Provide Administrative and logistics support as required;
- Escalate any issues to the supervisor for his/her guidance;
- Perform data entry (if required) and submit collected data to supervisor/data team; Organize and preserve different official documents/records/files;
- Orient new team members on study methods/machine operations;
- Work with administrative personnel to execute project-related day-to-day activities;
- Provide all other necessary support services for conducting meetings, workshops/seminars, training programs, recruitment & selection process etc. in the office as well as in the field sites.
Required qualifications and experience:
- SSC or equivalent; Diploma in Medical/Health/Lab Technology (min 3 years) are also encouraged to apply.
- Minimum 1 year experience in relevant field.
Duty station: Anywhere in Bangladesh as per project’s requirement.
Fixed Term – Tk.303,800/-per annum;
Short Term – Monthly (CSA) - Tk. 25,317/- per month;
Short Term – Daily (Daily Wage) - Tk. 941/- per day.
Fixed Term: 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance@Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance, and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Short Term - Monthly (CSA): Festival bonus, income tax paid by icddr,b and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Short Term - Daily (Daily Wage): No benefit is admissible.
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by September 30, 2023. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application and their performance appraisal of the last 3 years will be evaluated. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview. All the written tests /interviews will be conducted at the Mohakhali campus, Dhaka.
Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate.